I was talking with a friend the other day, who has a family of four. She this past week spent $250 on groceries! I was suprised by the total, and I thought it would be fun to see what I could get for $5. The other day I posted about the $5 giftcard I got in the mail from Walmart and today I set out to see how well I could do. So here is a picture of my trip. My total before coupons was $28.47.
- 3 Breakstone Sour Creams -$1.58 each
- 2 bags of Kraft Cheese -$2 each
- 2 Steaks -$3.98
- Gain Detergent -$1.00
- 4 Shout Wipes packets -97 cents each
- 3 Johnson and Johnson First Aid Kits - 97 cents each
- 2 Tide one load packets -97 cents
- 2 packs of Schick Razors- $1.97 each
- 1 Tub of Country Crock with honey (yum!) .98 cents
- $5 off 5 Kraft Cheese and Dairy Coupon (used for the bagged cheese and sour cream)
- $3 Chef's Requested 8oz or greater (Register on the right to print coupon). 98 cents is a great price for 2 steaks!
- $1 Gain Coupon found in 8/29 Proctor and Gamble coupon insert
- 2 coupons for $2 off any $2 Shout products found in 8/08 Smart Source insert
- 1 coupon for $3 off any Bandaid or First Aid product found in the 8/01 Smart Source insert a printable is also available HERE.
- 2 coupons for $1 any size Tide in the 8/29 Proctor and Gamble insert
- 2 coupons for $2 off schick razors found in the 8/22 Smart Source insert
- 40 cent coupon for any Country Crock found HERE.
My total was $4.64! Not bad... I still have .36 cents left on the gift card. Happy Shopping!